Flat view
orchidblooms
Senior MemberPosts: 1,163
Like?
Floral Portraiture - D800E - Lens and Lighting
Oct 25, 2012

Golden opportunity for DPR'ers to help -

Equipment help needed!

this is my first honest attempt to tame 'images' (5 photo stack at f2 zeiss 100) of a floral item produced in our flower shop/nursery...

at first glance this imaqge below, looks 'nice' but there are lots of lighting issues if we look critically...

overhead lights 5500k flourescent with std diffusers (these are our normal shop fixtures for area liighting)

then i have a reflector with a 5500 bulb with a parachute fabric draped over... tried many locations...

i think my lens selection is good for my end goals - the zeiss 100 -

i can see clearly lighting is an issue

i would surely appreciate suggestions on how i could light my floral and plant 'subjects' without investing huge sums of money..

if the consensus may be with flash units / mirrors (often used in food photg) and diffusers... well maybe i will bite the bullet...

huge thanks...

as we progress with these photos/images - especially with our orchids we do hope to develop revenue streams with actual prints down the road - maybe hit a few art shows...

also of course the flower aggangements - sympathy - we will be printing and binding in books to give to funeral homes to use as sales aids...

the backgrount is a nice stained glass panel - the lace hanging is covering the hing on one of the sections...

i would much prefer a semi realistic - out of focus bg as opposed to a neutral or white BG...  would also like to hear thoughts on how to make image better meld with bg...

our front room is BIG 1200 sq ft - i took this image in one corner - so... sling them suggestions!

p.

basic file processing cp16 for exposures (kind of cool - easy to copy settings to all needed files...)

stacked in helicon...

Nikon D800E
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow