Moving to FF- wait for 6D or jump on the discounted 5DIII?

Started Oct 25, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
pduff
New MemberPosts: 4
Like?
Moving to FF- wait for 6D or jump on the discounted 5DIII?
Oct 25, 2012

Good evening- looking for your thoughts on upgrading my 60D. I have a 6D on order but am tempted by the semi-regular $2799 price point for the 5DIII appearing on eBay (new in the box, authorized retailer)  Current lenses include 50 1.8, 24-105 f4 and the 70-200 f2.8 (non-IS). favorite subjects are my family; kids (ages 9, 11 and 14- candids, school events and indoor sports; especially volleyball and ice skating.) along with general travel pics. I almost always use center point focus and recompose. Excited about the form factor of the 6D as it is a natural move from the 60D but now that the price difference between the two bodies is $600, not $1300, I'm considering a move to the 5DIII instead. I don't want to be penny-wise and pound foolish if there are significant benefits to the 5D - not only for now, but as I mature and improve as a photographer.  That said, if I can save $600 on the body, it nearly pays for the 17-40 that's next on my wish list-

thanks in advance for your thoughts

Pat

Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS 60D Canon EOS 6D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow