Started Oct 24, 2012 | Discussions thread
dnercesian
Contributing MemberPosts: 560
Like?
Re: Importance of IS?
In reply to drv320, Oct 24, 2012

drv320 wrote:

dnercesian wrote:

You could have IBIS active and in use for all your lenses and still display the utmost technical skills on all your shots.

Very true. However, it became a crutch for me as I would avoid any equipment that didn't have some sort of stabilization built in. Stabilization allowed me to become lazy with my technique. I was speaking for myself and myself alone. I can definitely see situations where, regardless of technique, IS, OS, IBIS would come in very handy. All I was talking about was me relying on it to the exclusion of proper technique.

I'm finding that I'm getting just as many keepers with my unstabilized kit as I did/do with stabilized stuff. The difference is that I'm slowing down and paying attention to shooting technique...spraying and praying FAR less.

Of course, YMMV. If you prefer stabilized kit...good on ya. I guess I just went about photography backwards...I took the easy path before learning the right way.

-- hide signature --

Most people would rather die than think; many do.
~Bertrand Russel

Nope, I am in the same boat as you. I always tend to let stabilization make me lazy. I would definitely call it a crutch by the way I tend to use it on my OMD. Sometimes I have a good laugh at photos that I messed up on because of it. I'll learn one day I guess. lol.

But for now, I am in the same boat as you my friend. In so many ways, the non stabilized primes are so good for me.

-- hide signature --

DISCLAIMER: The text written herein is meant to provide the opinion/s and/or suggestion/s of the author. No statement herein is meant to be considered law of the land, representative of any party or group, and or a quote from any party or group. Neither is any statement in the contained text meant to be taken as scripture, doctrine, or all encompassing of an entire populous or any groups or individuals therein.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow