Stephen Ingraham
Regular MemberPosts: 400Gear list
Like?
Re: SX50HS at 1800mm handheld
In reply to Monicakm, Oct 24, 2012

Monicakm wrote:

Stephen Ingraham wrote:

Momotarou wrote:

I have not had much success getting the IS to really help me. Is it better to use with the EVF?

I never, ever, use a long zoom setting or the DTCs with the LCD panel. You need the camera against your face to get a stable shot. Think about it. Our eyes are in our head, which means we have A LOT of practice keeping our heads relatively still. It is almost impossible, on the other hand, to keep our hands still. Therefore make the camera a part of your head, not your hands.

Amen! I could never had a camera without a viewfinder. Chipmunk looks super! How large of a print do you think you could do, with pp, and still have it look good? (I know "good" is relative).

-- hide signature --

Monica/Canon S3

I have printed 8.5x11 from this kind of a file without it showing much artifact at all. Larger than that would require special treatment. As in some noise reduction, and allegoric up-sizing, then printing. You might squeeze out an 11x14 on a standard 240dpi printer.

Of course at the extreme, I have printed, with the above trickery, from SX40HS files at 1680mm (2x digital tel-converter) to vertical banner size where the print was 5 feet tall. And it looked good.

Stephen Ingraham's gear list:Stephen Ingraham's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX400V Sony Alpha NEX-3N NEX5R Olympus OM-D E-M10 +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow