Where is the DP GOLD review of A99?

Started Oct 24, 2012 | Questions thread
Greg Beetham
Senior MemberPosts: 1,030
Like?
Positive waves is the answer I think
In reply to BMWX5, Oct 24, 2012

BMWX5 wrote:

Many other professional photography websites already had published their own review. I can't wait DP...Platinum award!

Everyone should concentrate on exuding positive mind waves about a gold award for the A99 from this moment without pause until the review is released, then I’m almost sure your wish will be fulfilled, one should never underestimate the power of positive waves. (A sacrifice or two wouldn’t hurt either, just in case)

Greg

Ps One small side issue about language does intrigue me though; it’s something I haven’t been able to ‘get’ so far and I was wondering if someone could shed some light on it, it’s just something that nags and I’m sure you all know what it’s like when something nags…

I often see people say ‘I could care less’ about something or other and wonder what is meant by that. The statement indicates that it IS possible to care less by a further unknown amount.

I think it would help if only one knew what the current amount of not caring was which is probably not much admittedly, but by the same token there is an implied potential of an additional amount of not caring yet to be established…or a ‘care less’ factor not currently deployed.

Or too put it another way, I ‘could care less’ by a larger amount if I wanted too but I have chosen too not care less by the full amount available on this occasion. I think what would be helpful is for people to nominate a care less factor, such as ‘I could care less but it’s currently at -8’ (an 8 out of 10) then we would know that there is quite a lot of not caring happening but there is still -2 in reserve.

Whereas if one said ‘I couldn’t care less’ that would indicate that the maximum amount of not caring has been achieved and it’s not possible to care any less, or otoh, it isn’t possible too ‘not care’ by a larger amount, (but that depends on the viewpoint, by which I mean is it even possible to make something less by a larger amount?). Would you all agree with that? Or don’t you care?

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow