Started Oct 24, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mikew5163
Regular MemberPosts: 337
Like?
HPB8850 to Canon 9500MkII
Oct 24, 2012

I think my HPB8850 has just about come to the end.  We've had a love hate relationship for a while - I love the prints it produces but it drives me mad with its idiosynchracies!  Today I replaced 4 ink carts only to find that 3 more need replacing and one, possibly two printheads.  So I'm thinking I may be throwing good money after bad by carrying on with this machine, especially as support for it is going to get more and more patchy now that HP are out of this market.

I see that the Canon PixmaPro 9500II is on offer at the moment - around £390 after rebate.  Is this a good replacement for the HP?  I print mostly slightly toned black and white prints, which the HP does a very good job of.  I print on Pinnacle Smooth Cotton Rag mostly (similar to Hahnemuelle, or however you spell it!).

Does anyone have any experience of moving from the HP pigment printers (B8850 / B9180) over to the Canon one?  Can I expect similar results?  How is the usability compared to HP?  Is the thing going to drive me up the wall in the same way???!!  The hours I have spent listening to it clicking and whiring away wondering if it's actually doing anything......

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow