Nikon 24-120VR F4 vs 28-300VR...

Started Oct 20, 2012 | Discussions thread
Grig
Senior MemberPosts: 1,982Gear list
Like?
Re: Nikon 24-120VR F4 vs 28-300VR...
In reply to Grig, Oct 24, 2012

Well, I've got my beloved 5 years old 24-70 back from Nikon... They fixed it for sure, so now I had to dial back to zero all my AF fine tune focus points... Great!

Also - I just tested it to my new 24-120VR F4 and well, IQ is basically the same!!! I am not considering the distortion that is easily corrected in LR preset...

IMHO - 24-120 is a great standard zoom lens even compared to legendary classic such as 24-70 and it has VR!!!

The only minuses of 24-120 against 24-70 for me personally - Little slower AF speed, extension while zooming and questionable build... As I mentioned before - I was abusing 24-70 since the date of its release in November of 2007 shooting hundreds of weddings, banging on corners and dropping (inside if the bag that is ;-)... Last year I sent it to Nikon for checkup and they completely re-hauled it under warranty so I've got my lens back with all new rubber looking like new but slightly backfocusing... Now they fixed AF issue as well, so I am happy owner again, but... 24-120 is a such a nice lens... LOL...

-- hide signature --

Real photography - it's just the ability to see what was already created by God!
www.grigphoto.com

Grig's gear list:Grig's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000 Nikon D3S Nikon D800E Nikon D600 +11 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow