Started Oct 24, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Bangers and Mash
Contributing MemberPosts: 991Gear list
Like?
Flash, E-P3, wireless, confused!
Oct 24, 2012

The E-P3 will work wireless with the FL-600R flash that I plan or planned to purchase soon. Problem. Other than mounting it on the hot shoe (which I don't particularly want to do), how can I make it work wireless off the camera using a bracket? Well, according to the tech at Olympus, utilize the pop up flash on the camera. Great I said, but will the FL-600R flash be able to detect the light emitted form the little pop up thingy? Now he isn't sure. Why, I thought to myself, it was you who mentioned it. Option, according to the tech. Purchase the FL-BK01 bracket and an appropriate flash sync cord that connects between the bracket and the cameras hot shoe. So no more EVF I use attached. I just don't want to give up using that. Anyway, can anyone tell me please. Will the pop up flash indeed be able to be detected by the FL-600R flash mounted on a bracket up and to the left of the camera? Is everyone thoroughly confused? I am!

Thanks folks.

Wayne

Olympus PEN E-P3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow