Started Oct 19, 2012 | Discussions thread
flashzoom
New MemberPosts: 3
Like?
Re: From NEX-5N to NEX-5R....Huge disappoimtment
In reply to focuspulling, Oct 24, 2012

H. Paul Moon wrote:

flashzoom wrote:

so far that's what I have found, its very disappointing to find a newer model and more expensive model, loss some of the very basic setting. I don't think its worth it to get the 5R at all, not for $250 more. since the 5R is only $499 now.

1. the LCD is not the same, 5N is a capacitive touch screen (like iPhone), but 5R is a resistive.
2. the Camera sensor is different as well. i took pix with 5N and 5R side by side, with exact same settings, the 5N is more vivid in color, and 5R is a shade washed out.
3. when u have 5N set on single shot drive w/ 2 second review, at any time if you press the shutter, the review will stop, and allow you to take the next shot. but not with the 5N, you actually have to wait for the review to end, before you can take the next image.
4. 5N has the auto brightness setting for the LCD, but with 5R its all manual.

just wanted to give everyone my 2 cents, I loved the 5N that I got 4 months ago. once I heard about the 5R with some new features, i couldn't wait to try it. after getting it, this is what I have discovered.

Your Item 2 fails if you didn't have the exact same lens on both of them at the same time (since you say they were side-by-side).

I am glad you have pointed that out. I actually thought about that, and have switch the lens. both are the 18-55 sony lens, but one is from Japan, and one is from Thailand.

Event after i have switch the lens, still same result. the 5R seems to be a bit washed out.

if I am doing something wrong, or someone else had different result, please let me know, I would really love to keep the 5R, if it is better.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow