Any Reason NOT to use Aftermarket Battery on OMD5???

Started Oct 22, 2012 | Discussions thread
David J Barber
Regular MemberPosts: 468Gear list
Like?
Be careful if the battery is sticking!
In reply to markymark101, Oct 24, 2012

markymark101 wrote:

I have two batteries from BestBatt as well.  The batteries work fine; however, one of the batteries must be a tad larger than the other - it gets stuck.  My girlfriend has long fingernails and can get it out, or a bit of light shaking also will work.  Not ideal, but they are a lot cheaper.

I have a Hahnel aftermarket battery, now 5 years old, and It's recently become difficult to remove, where before it was perfect. Their is a  "bulge" when the original and Hahnel are placed flat that wasn't there before, and is possibly a sign of the chemicals expanding inside the battery.  I wouldn't use it if I were you, just to be safe.

I just replaced it with an "original" here in China, from and Oly supplier. I say "original" because here in China it's hard to tell with accessories.

David.

-- hide signature --

David J Barber's gear list:David J Barber's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus PEN E-PL5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow