X-S1 repair, 32 days and counting....argh!

Started Oct 24, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
kwa_photo
kwa_photo MOD
Senior MemberPosts: 2,493Gear list
Like?
X-S1 repair, 32 days and counting....argh!
Oct 24, 2012

I sent my X-S1 in on Sept 24th (arrived 27th) for the sensor blooming (orbs) and significant lens droop and creep.  I was hopeful for a quick turn around like my X10 (one day in the shop and done...sent me a new one), OR at the very least they would have the parts on hand and it would be done a 7-10 days.  No such luck.

Oct 16: called and was told that the REPAIR would be done at the end of the week (last Friday)

Oct 24: (today), called again. I was told that my X-S1 was "on the supervisor's desk" and they were waiting for some more "parts for the lens assembly".  They were hopeful that the parts would arrive tomorrow and to call back then.

This is now day 32 without my X-S1 and they don't even have the parts to fix it?!  WTF. I understand something may need to be ordered, but that should have happened long ago IMO.  With the repair taking this long, it had better be corrected the FIRST time and done right. If not, I will NOT be sending it back.

I had my old 2008 24" iMac completely rebuilt under Apple Care (new logic board, new LCD, etc...) and they needed to order parts as well.  I had it back in my hands in 4 days. THAT is service on older gear.  NEW models SHOULD be able to get parts quickly and easily. Period.

Back in 2010, I still had a 2006 model Olympus E-1 that needed repair as well and they had to order several parts too.  It came back to me in about 10 days with the repairs done.  ALL weather seals replaced, sensor cleaned, etc. just like new.  ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL SERVICE.  Fuji, get your act together.

I love my X100 and X10 and was thinking of an X-E1 but this is causing me to seriously reconsider if I ever want to deal with them again if I have an issue. Sorry for the rant, just needed to vent this $*&#)*(@.

EDIT: the repair staff told me there were "3 other X-S1's on the supervisor's desk" waiting for parts as well.  Maybe yours is one of them?

-- hide signature --
 kwa_photo's gear list:kwa_photo's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Fujifilm X100S Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 +1 more
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X10 Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-S1 Olympus E-1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow