Started Oct 13, 2012 | Discussions thread
JusLookN
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,033Gear list
Like?
Re: Best way to convert RAW ?
In reply to Digetydog, Oct 24, 2012

Digetydog wrote:

JusLookN wrote:

You can get the very good book by Scott Kelby on the Lightroom series.  If you have already processed the files, all you have to do is export them into jpegs on a folder on your hard drive, external media, or directly upload them to a web site such as Smug mug,etc.  There is an option that pops up after you hit the export that lets you save the files in many formats; and you choose how you wish to save them. Good luck and I hope you enjoy using the Lightroom programs.

-- hide signature --

Glenn
I'm kinda partial to video, but I'm hangin!

I have a follow up question.  I heard that Lightroom forces people to use certain folders/locations for their pictures. Is that true?

This is my current workflow:

1) Copy files to temporary folder.

2) Use ACDSee to view uncorrected files. Delete all bad shots.

3) Rename Files based upon date and event

4) Use Camera Raw/Bridge to edit remaining photos to proper exposure, correct for lens distortion, and crop as needed. Rarely, I will use photoshop to correct things like zits on family portraits (still learning)

5) Save better files to jpg for use on web, e-mailing to relatives, etc.

Would Lightroom speed this up?

Actually no!  You can use the folder of your choice, you just have to specify in the import section where you want to put them.  If you don't specify where you want them to go, Light room is set up to put them in a specific folder for you.  It is usually the user's folder in my documents and my pictures.

In answer to your last question, the answer is yes!  As mostly everything you do now can be done with Lightroom easily.

-- hide signature --

Glenn
I'm kinda partial to video, but I'm hangin!

JusLookN's gear list:JusLookN's gear list
Nikon D300 Nikon D700 Sony Alpha DSLR-A100 Sony Alpha DSLR-A700 Sony Alpha DSLR-A900 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow