Lenses for my D600: I think I got what I need or am getting close to.

Started Oct 24, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
wint
Regular MemberPosts: 283Gear list
Like?
Lenses for my D600: I think I got what I need or am getting close to.
Oct 24, 2012

Since I bought my D600 with the 85 1.8G, I've been wondering and reading in order to complete my kit to be covered for any situation. I arrived at the following:

Nikkor 50mm 1.8d
Nikkor 70-200mm f / 4
TC-20E III 2x Teleconverter
Nikkor 16-35mm f / 4

I will buy 50mm midrange zooms instead of following the tip from Ken Rockwell who wrote:
"Do not buy a midrange zoom. Carry a fixed 50mm instead, like a pro.

Pros do not use midrange zooms because They aren't needed, They are too heavy to carry around, They are too expensive. The 50mm fixed lens does the same thing, but better.

Pros use a wide zoom and tele zoom, and walk forward or back to cover the middle range if it does not fit Either lens. Pros only carry a 50mm lens in Their pocket is if the light gets too dim.

Consider the midrange zoom if you only carry one lens, but never carry a midrange zoom Also if you're carrying a wide and tele zoom. "

wint's gear list:wint's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF2 Nikon D600 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.8G +4 more
Nikon D600
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow