It's finally here... Nikon's AF-S 70-200mm f/4G ED VR !!!

Started Oct 24, 2012 | Discussions thread
maarensv
Regular MemberPosts: 492Gear list
Like?
Re: $1400 + $225 for a tripod collar?
In reply to mgblack74, Oct 24, 2012

mgblack74 wrote:

Nikonparrothead wrote:

The collar is not always about the weight. It's about balance point when you mount the rig on a tripod. Use the camera to secure it to the tripod and you're creating unneeded wear and tear in the lens mount.

-- hide signature --

'Nice pen, bet you write good stories with it.'

I agree. But so far no one has had issue with the 70-300 on their camera. The 70-200 is only slightly heavier. Let alone with something like a T/S lens.

-- hide signature --

"You're guaranteed to miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky

Hi,

I'm a Canon 70-200 f4 L IS user and have a tripod collar permanetly attached to it. It balances much better than when the camera itself is attached to the tripod. Let alone when I have the batery pack mounted on my 7D.

A tripod collar is also handy for fast changing from landscape to portrait position and back when working on a tripod.

And as a third, when shooting handheld I keep the tripod collar leaning in my hand and I can zoom in and out by just using my thumb and midlde finger, still very balanced.

I do not say a tripod collar is a must, but it sure can have an added value.

Regards, Sandor.

maarensv's gear list:maarensv's gear list
Canon EOS M Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS 70D Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6L IS USM Tamron SP AF 60mm F/2 Di II LD IF Macro +12 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Re:New
Re:New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow