ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
camrnw
Regular MemberPosts: 175Gear list
Like?
Beginner tips for post processing?
Oct 24, 2012

Hi Folks!

One of the things I noticed as I switched from shooting strickly RAW to JPEG+RAW was that there's a significant difference in colors between that captured in JPEG on my E-M5 in vivid setting, to the ORF files that come out. While I love the colors my E-M5 produces for JPEG, I'd like to continue using RAW files due to the fact they contain more information for manipulation.

I was wondering if you guys had any tips for a beginner at post processing. For instance, I've been trying to get my RAWs to the same state (colors, sharpness, etc) as my JPEGs as a starting point before further manipulation. I downloaded and am using the Huelight camera profile for the E-M5 and that helped, but they still need a lot of tweaking.

Any tips would be welcome. Thanks.

Oh by the way, one of the biggest differences I noticed was in neon lights. In JPEGs some lights just get captured as pure white, while in RAW there is more color detail retained, but a significant amount of "blooming" surrounds the light sources. I can't for the life of me figure out how to reduce the bloom while retaining the contrast without blowing out the details in light sources.

camrnw's gear list:camrnw's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Fujifilm X-E2 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Voigtlander 35mm F1.4 Nokton Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 +1 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow