V2 battery joke?!

Started Oct 24, 2012 | Discussions thread
Daniel Oh
Regular MemberPosts: 442Gear list
Like?
Re: Also a shame for me, but...
In reply to Mato34, Oct 24, 2012

Mato34 wrote:

The reason could be that the En-El 15 on the V1 was put into the whole body and transversally, and I'd say that in the V2 the battery will go only into the shape of the grip and longitudinally (as in a classic dSLR). This could mean less space for it, so En-EL 21 of J1/2 was used.

As a J1 user (I refused to buy V1 as I was sure more enthusiast friendly model had to come), I would have been delighted if EN-EL 20 was used (I have 4). It would have made sense if you are aiming to get J1 users to upgrade, but using a completely new battery is a terrible idea. It does not attract any of present nikon users!

Maybe this will be the battery on the upcoming DSLRs like D5200, D7100, etc? (Most likely they don't care)

-- hide signature --

Daniel Oh
ps. I truly believe photography as a hobby is defined by the pleasure you get from the activity. It does not matter what equipment or results. I am a hobbyist and a very awful photographer (snapshooter is a better name) but a very happy one.

Daniel Oh's gear list:Daniel Oh's gear list
Pentax Optio W60 Samsung EX2F Nikon D700 Nikon 1 J1 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 12-24mm f/4G ED-IF +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow