Majority of posts are LX5, LX7 and FZ150 and FZ200... what's up with the ZS Models?

Started Oct 24, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jazzbass62
Senior MemberPosts: 1,728Gear list
Like?
Majority of posts are LX5, LX7 and FZ150 and FZ200... what's up with the ZS Models?
Oct 24, 2012

I know there are folks who have posted their ZS photos (Daniel, Erik, etc) - but I just reviewed 2 pages of forum postings and there was not one ZS image to see, or discussion on the latest ZS IQ, etc...  It sort of looks like no one posts any ZS photos unless a newb comes along wanting to buy one.  I've seen some great posts in the past 6 months or so though.  Maybe it's just that summer is over and with that people's vacations are done for the time being... (Daniel - thinking of those wonderful Lake Tahoe shots a month or two ago).

I realize I'm a bit like Rip Van Winkle - in and out of the forum due to work and other interests, but after jumping back in this morning - I'm left thinking that in the world of small sensor Panasonics only the FZ and LX models really matter right now.

Am I just in a time warp, or is the ZS fading?  Perhaps the LX and FZ small sensor cameras just lend themselves better to serious photography?  I'm thinking of getting an LX7 around the end of the year, and could also see getting a ZS15 or ZS20 just to have that end of the FL range covered for truly portable photography. Are people just disappointed in the IQ of ZS compared with the FZ and LX offerings?  I wouldn't have thought so...

Angst, here... 

-- hide signature --

Cleve

jazzbass62's gear list:jazzbass62's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 +1 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow