Started Oct 24, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Rumi Siddiqui
Regular MemberPosts: 144Gear list
Like?
Coming from Canon: Help - D700 Auto focus and color LCD on back issues
Oct 24, 2012

I was a long time Canon user, and I recently switched from the 5D MKIII to the D700. As I am still getting myself familiarized with the Nikon system, I was wondering if anyone could help me.

1. On the 5D Mark II, the AF was setup to where it would try to automatically focus on my subject, but if it didn't get it right, I could quickly move the joystick with the thumb, from the incorrectly selected point, and maneuver it to the correct focus point. It was sort of like, taking your car out of cruise control, instantaneously, because you need to assume control. Is there functionality that is remotely similar on the D700?

2. Is there a way to permanently keep the the color LCD display on? I was spoiled with this on all my Canon cameras, where it shows my ISO, shutter speed, Focus points, Etc. I'm aware some of this information is in the viewfinder and on top LCD, but I also prefer having it on the back, showing at all times. I don't care for the power it consumes, as I have a battery grip on the way. Right now, it shows up, but as soon as I shoot a picture, the LCD shuts off, and I have to hit the info button again to make it show.

I just received the camera yesterday, and it's my first Nikon, any help from you experienced D700 owners would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Rumi Siddiqui's gear list:Rumi Siddiqui's gear list
Nikon D810 Carl Zeiss Apo Sonnar T* 2/135 Sigma 50mm F1.4 DG HSM | A +10 more
Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 5D Mark II Nikon D700
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow