Touch Screen is a MUST ! IMHO

Started Oct 23, 2012 | Discussions thread
Silat Shooter
Contributing MemberPosts: 750
Like?
Re: Touch Screen a MUST!
In reply to JohnK, Oct 24, 2012

I think this is a valid topic to bring up here.  I had a 5N and used the touch screen on and off.  Primarily to quickly change where I wanted to focus.  It was great when shooting from the hip using the swivel screen. But honestly never thought of it as a 'must-have' feature.

Sold my 5N in anticipation of the NEX 6, in the meantime have been using my RX100 and have discovered in the process that I really WISH it had a touch screen.  As others have mentioned, it's more time-consuming to use the dial to move the focus point.  So I essentially have learned by accident that I do want and appreciate touch screens.  So that has ruled out the 6 for me.

I understand postings here that bring up that there are plenty of choices out there with touch screen and go that route and stop bringing up the very few short comings of the NEX6 and 7.  But I was complete set on purchasing a 6 and after shooting without it, I find I miss it enough that it has me reconsidering that purchase and narrowing my next purchase down to something with it.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow