Started Oct 24, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
sixgun
Regular MemberPosts: 169
Like?
Is Canon out of touch ?
Oct 24, 2012

I am a shooting professional,  we switched to Canon gear a decade or more ago - mainly for the fast AF and better lens lineup -  and for the most part we  have been happy with that decision  however the past two years it is apparent to me that Canon is not listening to its pro customer base "AT ALL".

We are severely disappointed with the Canon 5D Mark II / III cameras.   Image quality is good but Canon has nearly completely crippled the custom functions on this body.     A good part of the user base for the 5D series is event and wedding photography -  and one of the most useful features of any body for this type of shooting is 2nd curtain sync.

Canon removed it on the 5D / 7D series.    WHY ?      Even the cheapest Nikons can do this.

When I submitted a letter to Canon asking why I got a completely stupid and out of touch reply - pretty much a canned response that you get from a big company full of drones who cannot think for themselves.

There are other things that Canon has done that  defies common sense and basic  intelligence.   To me,  Canon is drifting into prosumer and amateur land while Nikon is still actively supporting pros.
Sadly, we have a large investment in Canon gear,   but  I do not see them keeping up with Nikon at the higher end and their attitude toward pro customer service is taking a nosedive.

On the other side,  we rented a D800 this past weekend.    It is every bit as good as the 5DIII,  it costs less AND it has 2nd Curtain Sync.

I think Canon is out of touch with pro shooters  - what about the rest of you ?

-- hide signature --

Mark Kilian

President, 6IXGUN.COM

Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS 7D Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
OkNew
+0New
no!New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow