Marla
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,792Gear list
Like?
Re: I once did....
In reply to tedolf, Oct 24, 2012

tedolf wrote:

Bangers and Mash wrote:

It's been many years since I have done B&W work . . . pre-digital era 

I want to get back into doing it again, but wondering which way to approach it. Should I take the images set to B&W in the camera, or would it be best to do the B&W images in PP? If PP is the best way to go, I will at least have a color file. Just wondering which way would produce the best image.

Thanks

Wayne

and entire wedding in B&W:  http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/post/39264738 and considered the same issue.  I concluded that being able to see the B &W preview in the EVF/LCD was a big help in composition and shot selection.  As you remember from your film days, being able to "see" in B&W was important to composition.  Now you can see it on the display in real time, complete with different filters (!) and to me it makes a difference in composition rather than looking at it in color.  Tedolph

I agree 100%.  Last year I purchased a used mint-condition GF1 due to the fact that it is one of the few cameras that offer multiple options for shooting in b&w.  I love b&w photography, now I have a camera that I use just for b&w - lots of fun.

-- hide signature --

Maria

Marla's gear list:Marla's gear list
Olympus XZ-1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Leica D Summilux Asph 25mm F1.4 +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow