Best photo editing monitor to fit in 20" wide space?

Started Oct 24, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Jeff Peterman
Forum ProPosts: 10,472Gear list
Like?
Best photo editing monitor to fit in 20" wide space?
Oct 24, 2012

I've had a 19" Dell monitor for years that's worked pretty well with calibration. But, it has developed some dark patches so it's time to find a new monitor. The ideal one would be the Dell U2410, as it is optimized for photo editing and it's 16:10 aspect ratio is better than the standard 16:9 HD ones that are common. At around $450, it's also a decent price. But, it is too wide to fit in the space available: the monitor can't be any wider than 20 inches.

I contacted Dell, and they recommend the 2212, which is a 21.5" HD display. This would fit, but I'd lose an inch in screen size compared to my 19" non-HD monitor, and it doesn't have the color range/accuracy of the 2410.

So, any recommendations on a good monitor that will fit in a 20" wide space?

-- hide signature --

Jeff Peterman
Any insults, implied anger, bad grammar and bad spelling, are entirely unintentionalal. Sorry.
www.pbase.com/jeffp25
www.jeffp25.smugmug.com
http://i.pbase.com/t4/89/46889/4/143706232.M9mg6pc5.jpg

Jeff Peterman's gear list:Jeff Peterman's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ40 Canon PowerShot S110 Canon EOS 7D Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM +16 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow