Jim in Hudson
Senior MemberPosts: 1,158Gear list
Like?
Re: Switch to K-30 from A55?
In reply to Maxeyesore, Oct 24, 2012

Maxeyesore wrote:

Jim in Hudson wrote:

Maxeyesore wrote:

I will mention this, which is likely very important. The k30 has no mirror lockup, and while some have mentioned it does a 2 second MLU in timer mode, it has no MLU for cleaning the sensor, which I needed recently. Trying to clean a sensor when in LV (LV so the mirror stays up) is not a good idea. This is one of the higher end features found in more pro oriented bodies such as the K5. I also really wanted the option of a battery grip, which I will be getting for my II-s, and the k30 cant use these.

Read the manual (pp 261 - 262)... the K-30 most definitely has mirror lockup for sensor cleaning.

How it"s done on a Sony SLT is quite another matter as it has a fixed "mirror".

I did see this in the menus of the K30, was "sensor cleaning" or something of the sort, but when I tried to use this feature to get rid of the dust spot it kept telling me my battery was not charged enough. This happened even with a fully charged battery. I read you have to have the AC adapter to use the function for some reason, I never bothered with it and just used a Q-tip to wipe it away in LV. I figured since I was going to return it anyways no biggy.

In a SLT you just remove the mirror, which I have done many times, and the sensor is exposed. I actually often take the mirror out of my a33 (don't use it much anymore) when using MF since it allows more light in and I am able to use lower iso.

Sensor cleaning with mirror lockup works perfectly fine on my K-30.  No AC adapter needed which is an oddball part for the K-30.

Jim in Hudson's gear list:Jim in Hudson's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1 Pentax K-3 Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM Pentax smc DA 18-135mm F3.5-5.6ED AL [IF] DC WR Pentax smc DA 35mm F2.4 AL +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow