Panasonic G5, the camera the GH2 should have been....

Started Oct 24, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
papillon_65
Forum ProPosts: 17,050Gear list
Like?
Panasonic G5, the camera the GH2 should have been....
Oct 24, 2012

for me anyway  (Before outraged GH2 owners simultaneously combust). I grabbed a mint second hand one for a very decent price to use alongside my OMD (The original owner had only had it just over a month). I like both Oly and Panasonic m4/3's cameras for different reasons and I think Panasonic have done a great job with this one, I'm not sure why it's not been very popular, maybe the GH3 stole it's thunder. Very impressed so far, excellent ergonomics and configuration options without being too big. The silent shutter is very nice, lcd is great (big improvement over the GH2) and the IQ looks plenty good enough. White balance also seems to be better from what I am seeing so far. I really like the grip on this camera, nice and comfortable, like a mini DSLR and I actually like the mini DSLR look it has. The 14-42X works very nicely on it as well, with the rocker switch by the shutter button, a nice touch and you can even increase the speed of the zoom action or make it stepped. I've always preferred the Panasonic autofocus system to Olys and it's set up really well on this camera, easy to use and intuitive. A slight downside is that it's not built as robustly as the OMD but then it's half the price and it's fine to be honest. If you don't want to splash the cash on an OMD I don't think you can go wrong with this camera, what's not to like? I commend it to the house :).

P.S. I don't really do video so so don't ask me about that one - it's a red button I press occasionally, that's it 

-- hide signature --

Any problem on earth can be solved by a well aimed Pomegranate...
Tony
http://the-random-photographer.blogspot.com/

papillon_65's gear list:papillon_65's gear list
Sigma DP1 Merrill Sigma DP2 Merrill Fujifilm XF1 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS +2 more
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow