A77: Inconsistent exposure/metering? (Overexposure, no flash)

Started Oct 24, 2012 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
iHedo
Regular MemberPosts: 199Gear list
Like?
A77: Inconsistent exposure/metering? (Overexposure, no flash)
Oct 24, 2012

Good day,

I was on a trip this day and as usual outdoor shooting. I checked the metering system and it was on zero, good exposure. But after I took a shot the photo was overexposed, I increased the aperture and shutter speed until I get -2 EV but still the photo was overexposed. There was also a scene where I got a good exposure but the next shot using the same settings resulted in overexposure.

I'm in Manual mode, even if I tried Auto it still got overexposure though I used it once to check. Battery in 52%, FW is 1.06, I'm using 1650 lens. It seems that the metering is fluctuating. I removed the battery, restarted the camera and still there's a chance of overexposure it's hard to shoot and review always. After few hours A77 gets the right exposure and I went back shooting comfortably.

When I use the camera indoor the exposure is good, but outside chances are not. I have this camera since February and this is the first time I encountered this. I always check the metering to get a correct exposure.

Any idea or explanation about this phenomenon? If any information you need like weather this day is a little bit rainy, then even sunny. Does the gray color outside obliterate my metering system but I also shoot when it's sunny? When I view my settings be it on EVF or LV the exposure is very good, then after clicking the shutter it went overexposed.

Help and thank you for giving your time on this thread.

-- hide signature --

Sony A77 + Grip, Sony 16-50 2.8 SSM, Sony 50 1.4, Sigma 70-200 2.8 EX OS HSM, Sigma 105 2.8M EX OS HSM

iHedo's gear list:iHedo's gear list
Sony SLT-A77 Sony 50mm F1.4 Sigma 70-200mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM Sony DT 16-50mm F2.8 SSM
ANSWER:
Sony SLT-A77
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow