ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jon404
Senior MemberPosts: 1,782
Like?
XZ-2 features that interest me
Oct 24, 2012

- MPEG-4 and H-264 movies

- 920,000 dot LCD screen... better for manual focusing (XZ-1 is 614,000, not good enough).

- Lens control ring for manual focusing

- Super Resolution technology 'expands zoom power up to eight times with minimal image degradation.' (believe THAT when I see it!)

- HDR scene mode (yes!)

- More Art Filters

- a bigger battery

- a better sensor, should be able to work at ISO 800 comfortably, instead of my XZ-1's ISO 400 quality limit

And, reading the September 17 specifications, it looks like most everything I'm used to on my XZ-1 carries over... like Monotone Dramatic Tone, the color balance settings (Underwater mode is still there)... so I'm looking forward the the XZ-2 coming to market!

And that's the frustrating thing. Guess I'll have to go to Samy's Camera in LA or Santa Barbara to actually hold one... I'd be surprised if the XZ-2 shows up at Wal-Mart or Best Buy. We'll see, soon -- won't they have these out for Christmas buying season?

-- hide signature --

Jonathon Donahue -- Olympus XZ-1 tips at http://jon404.com

Olympus XZ-1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow