Started Oct 24, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
james2k50
Contributing MemberPosts: 572Gear list
Like?
Thinking I may have made a mistake.
Oct 24, 2012

OKAY as the subject line states, I have made a mistake in my purchase. The camera in question is the Sony Alpha SLT a35. It is obviously entry-level and the second-generation of the SLT series. I felt I was happy with this camera but it seems that vignetting "light fallout" is the norm with the "lower end entry-level" of the lot. I have read that only the higher end of the SLT's can compensate for vignetting on selected lenses.

So my problem is this, do I keep the camera and accept this inconvenience? I see NO REASON that the kit lens should also be vignetting. The moment I do any postprocessing, the light fallout becomes more apparent. What should I do about this? Do I keep hunting for a lens that will work with this camera at the wide end? Or am I missing something that could be a solution? To those of you who are helping "Brian", I'm sorry that I'm complaining again. I get vignetting regardless of the time of day!

james2k50's gear list:james2k50's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX40 HS Sony SLT-A35 Sony SLT-A65
Sony SLT-A35
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow