Any news from Epson at Photokina?

Started Sep 19, 2012 | Discussions thread
Dan Wells
Contributing MemberPosts: 513
Like?
Re: Any news from Epson at Photokina?
In reply to NeroMetalliko, Oct 24, 2012

Interesting point on the orange/green substitution... I'm not sure the Epson driver does that - ImagePrint (very expensive) definitely does... Epson doesn't tell us much of anything about what their driver is actually doing, and users of x900 printers I've talked to say that orange/green are among the least used inks, and yellow is the second most used on my 3880. I'll try and get some yellow usage numbers out of the x900 models at some point.

I just cranked out a pack of 25 double-sided cards on Entrada Natural 190 in less than an hour. I've been sampling a lot of Moab papers lately (a VERY nice full line - I'd say that Moab, Hahnemuhle and Canson are the only three paper makers who have really full lines, although Epson's own papers are now coming close), and my 3880 has been handling everything from Unryu (a Japanese Washi paper not far removed from tissue paper) up to Somerset Rag (nearly a cardboard thickness), and from velvet papers all the way to metallic, all with beautiful results.

-Dan

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow