I'm thinking about switching to NEX from K5+

Started Oct 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
Babka08
Regular MemberPosts: 240Gear list
Like?
Not thinking about switching to NEX from K5
In reply to Babka08, Oct 24, 2012

After some consideration, and with the help of some of the earlier comments in this post, I have decided to stay with my K5. I'm further orienting my lenses around just primes, and will be making a few changes. I'm also hoping to liquidate enough that I can get a Sony RX100. I figure it will take the place of a mid-range zoom, and I'll always keep it in my pocket. I'll turn to Pentax and primes for more thoughtful photography.

In particular I appreciated Zvonimir Tosic's very sarcastic comment above about switching. I really like the lens selection with Pentax. Small quality. Unique. There will be lots of camera bodies coming and going over the years ahead. These lenses will still be what they are. Carrying around the 21mm is very rangefinder like. So that's the dslr experience I'm going to commit to.

Babka08's gear list:Babka08's gear list
Sony RX100 II Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 50mm f/2.5 Macro Canon EF 70-200mm f/4L IS USM Voigtlander 20mm F3.5 Color Skopar SL II +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow