Started Oct 24, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
yudi
Regular MemberPosts: 395Gear list
Like?
DA 18-135mm - A good lens for traveling
Oct 24, 2012

I was traveling with DA16-45mm & DA*50-135mm. Because the 16-45mm is not WR, I decided to try the new DA18-135mm, when I traveled to several N.P. last two months.

I like this lens for its color rendering; 18-135mm is a good range for traveling; its sharpness looks not bad at all. I am going to post several sample photos in different cases: zoom at wide end, zoom at long end, close up and panorama, to let you be the judge.

(well, the images in 1.5K @zenfolio site and in my iMAC look all sharper.  :-O)

The tools I used in Photoshop are Brightness & Contrast, Levels, and Selective Colors sometimes.

My camera is K10D. All photos are taken in RAW, using Photoshop to convert raw->tif in 16bit. Using fill-light to bring up the exposure in low lights, if needed - sort of HDR. BTW, I really don't like the HDR results from some HDR software, those don;t look natural to me. I would like to buy a K5 II, hope it could improve the exposure in low lighting a lot.

I just wish this lens being 16-135mm, rather than 18-135mm.

yudi's gear list:yudi's gear list
Pentax K10D Pentax K-01 Pentax K-5 IIs Pentax smc DA 16-45mm F4 ED AL Pentax smc DA* 50-135mm F2.8 ED (IF) SDM +3 more
Pentax K10D Pentax K-5 II
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow