Why do posted EXIF not show camera model?

Started Oct 20, 2012 | Questions thread
Adrian Godong
dpreview AdminPosts: 400Gear list
Like?
Re: Simon Joinson, can you answer this question?
In reply to Detail Man, Oct 24, 2012

Detail Man wrote:

gollywop wrote:

gollywop wrote:

Starting with the new system, the roll-over EXIF data for newly posted images typically do not show the camera model.  Images posted earlier may still do so or may not.  I've seen some images with the camera model included, but mostly not.

Why?  It seems to me to be among the top 5 or 6 most interesting EXIF items.

It seems unlikely that "just anybody" could answer this question.  But I suspect you can. Will you, please?

Also, while you're at it, could you please indicate why the posted pictures are not tagged?  That, as you are, I am sure, aware, causes them to be improperly displayed in a number of circumstances.

thank you,

In case Simon Joinson has not happened to read some of the relevant posts regarding the consequences for wide-gamut monitor users who do not happen to use Firefox 3.6 + with color management enabled, and specifically caused by the absence of a sRGB ICC color-profile existing within the image-file meta-data of the re-encoded JPGs that the DPR system creates specifically for the purpose of in-post image display, here are the relevant links for more information:

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/post/50061664

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/post/50038252

We have already fixed this last week. Are you still seeing in-line images without color profile when the original has one? Let us know via feedback so we can see what's wrong.

-- hide signature --

Adrian Godong
DPReview.com

Adrian Godong's gear list:Adrian Godong's gear list
Nikon D60 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 55-200mm f/4-5.6G VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow