Sergey Borachev
Senior MemberPosts: 2,436Gear list
Like?
FZ200 cheaper than FZ150
Oct 24, 2012

FZ200 $547.99

FZ150 $599.99

Prices from Amazon searches.

This plus the high number of returns of FZ200 must be saying something about the FZ200.  There is no reason for a new model, significantly upgraded in its amazing speed and also in the EVF, to be selling for less.  The f/2.8 speed is supposed to provide better quality by allowing the use of lower ISOs, or by allowing stepping down a stop or two, and the extra speed should also help in getting sharper images by allowing higher shutter speeds and easier AF.  It is reasonable for buyers to expect quality that matches the hgih specs of the camera, isn't it?

It was the most exciting thing since superzooms appeared and I tried to like it, but unfortunately it does not seem to be what it seems to be.  If I may say this, it is not meeting expectations.  You can't just explain that by saying it is a camera that needs to be learnt patiently, that uou need to learn to use RAW and fine PP skills, or that you need to learn all the characteristics and quirks of the camera so as to be able to adjust settings based on the conditions, ...  Superzooms are mainly for people who do not want to change lenses, for convenience and importantly ease of use, not exactly something to study cameras characteristics and learn specific RAW PP skills to deal with this camera's image flaws (selective softening of noisy backgrounds).

I wish Panasonic will do better next time and deliver to buyers (not the expert PPers) what this camera should have in potential, even if it means more weight or cost.  As it is, it seems only good in specs and not so outstanding at all compared to other cameras, or even its own FZ150.

Your comments are most welcome.

Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ150 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow