Keeping the G12 or upgrading to the G15?

Started Oct 23, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Grobb
Senior MemberPosts: 1,229Gear list
Like?
Keeping the G12 or upgrading to the G15?
Oct 23, 2012

How many people are going to keep there their G12 or upgrade to the G15?

Based on images posted on DPR and other review sites (so far), is the IQ really really worth  upgrading to you?

I have seen many posts claiming 2-4 stops increase in higher ISO performance and better noise reduction, but I have not seen that in any images posted so far. And, the sharpness of the P7700 seems to be much better, not to mention the much longer reach and articulating screen! As a matter of fact, the most I have seen is maybe a 1-1.5 stop advantage, at the most. Also, not having the articulating screen is a major drawback IMO. Personally, I have decided to keep my G12 since Canon did not include a slightly larger sensor for even better IQ and lower noise reduction. Think about it, there is ONLYso much IQ, and NR you can squeeze out of those tiny photo sites from such a small sensor! Remember, hoping that theoretical improvements in specifications in cameras do not always equate to actual improvements in images taken in real world situations 

Canon PowerShot G12 Canon PowerShot G15 Nikon Coolpix P7700
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow