Started Oct 22, 2012 | Discussions thread
Mingjai
Senior MemberPosts: 1,235Gear list
Like?
Re: All the more reason to use RAW
In reply to YouDidntDidYou, Oct 23, 2012

YouDidntDidYou wrote:

Andy Crowe wrote:

looking at the image in silky pix I was able to achieve most accurate white balance at 2294 kelvin plus a heavy tint which is outside the white balance range of the GH1 who's range starts from 2500 kelvin.....

That's all the more reason to use RAW then, because it's must easier to apply a custom white balance to a RAW file for all the reasons listed previously

actually the problem I have on the 2 images is that the white balance needs to be localised even if it was shot in RAW or if I had image 1 correct as a jpeg (Olympus are pparently working on multi-segment white balance and some Ricoh cameras have this feature)

-- hide signature --

living life to the Four Thirds!
http://www.mftuser.com/

You should become acquainted with the white balance adjustment brush in Lightroom--it allows you to paint certain areas of your image with a different white balance. Very handy for this exact situation. Or I guess you could accomplish the same thing using traditional layers or masks in Photoshop...

Mingjai's gear list:Mingjai's gear list
Olympus PEN E-P5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm 1:1.8 +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow