Switch to K-30 from A55?

Started Oct 23, 2012 | Discussions thread
ronniemac
Junior MemberPosts: 29Gear list
Like?
Re: Switch to K-30 from A55?
In reply to Ari Aikomus, Oct 23, 2012

The lens that is often overlooked is the Pentax DA 18-135 WR - as kit lenses go, it's a fantastically useful lens and good quality lens, and is available at a reduced rate if bought as a package with the K-30.  When you need that extra sharpness, the prime limited lenses or DA* lenses are what you are after - you should have enough change from the kit lens to get one or two of those.

I recently bought the 18-135 to go with my K-5 because of it's range and weather resistance, it's  a lot of fun and worth checking out. Sweet results! The K-30 sounds like a cool camera with most of the advantages of the K-5 plus better focusing and video performance.

I can't comment on Sony because I don't know them, but I will add that the a real advantage with Pentax is their legacy lenses which to back before the 1976 Pentax MX slr I bought as a student.  I've now got over 60 Pentax lenses, most bought for a relative snip on ebay.

Good luck with whatever you choose.

ronniemac's gear list:ronniemac's gear list
Pentax X-5 Pentax *ist D Pentax K-x Pentax K-5 Pentax Q +116 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow