ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jalywol
jalywol MOD
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,894Gear list
Like?
Taking bets: GX2 will be...?
Oct 23, 2012

If you look at Panasonic's current camera line-up and pricing, it seems to make the most sense that the rumored GX2 would fit in between the G5 and the GH3, and provide competition to the Sony NEX 6.  To do that it would need the GH3 sensor, the full button controls of the GX1, a built-in EVF but with rangefinder style, and some kind of flip LCD.

The current GX1 and the G5 list for 799; the GF5 for 599 (all with the standard kit lens); the GH3 body only is $1299.  The spot for a true enthusiast rangefinder with GH3 innards would be right at the $999 mark, and by doing this, Panasonic would not compete with itself (not the same sensor as the G5, and rangefinder styling vs no EVF on the GX1 or the lowly GF5   )

So, my personal prediction is for a GX2 body to be a rangefinder style, with EVF; GH3 sensor, OLED display, built in flash, and kit lens for $999.  I could see them doing this either with or without an articulating or flippy LCD, so I don't know what they would choose for that.

Anyone else want to take a guess?

-J

Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow