Started Oct 23, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
gooseta
Contributing MemberPosts: 702Gear list
Like?
Switch to K-30 from A55?
Oct 23, 2012

Hi guys, I'm seriously contemplating a move to the K-30 from my great a55. I have about £2k worth of Sony gear but I'm tempted because of the offer of great high ISO performance, a pentaprism, weather sealed kit lenses, weather sealed body, and price. I mean, it's £500 and has weather sealing? amazing. I'm just going to ask what lenses I should pick up around Febuary when I make the switch? For about £1k?And is the switch worth it?

I was thinking the K-30 with a standard zoom and a macro, is the 16-50/2.8 worth it, and if not then should I get the Pentax 17-70 or the Sigma 17-70? Is the 100macro good or should I stick with the trusty Tamron 90? Also, are the tele primes worth it? should I consider their 55-200/300? Sorry for being a noob if there are hidden gems out there. Never heard of such an amazing featureset in a pentax!

-- hide signature --

Angad S. aka gooseta
Amateur photographer
NEW SITE : angadsrin.zenfolio.com

gooseta's gear list:gooseta's gear list
Pentax K-3 Pentax smc DA 17-70mm F4.0 AL (IF) SDM Pentax smc DA* 300mm F4.0 ED (IF) SDM Sigma 70mm F2.8 EX DG Macro Sigma 8-16mm F4.5-5.6 DC HSM +1 more
Pentax K-30 Sony SLT-A55
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow