SX50 w/ Canon 500D attached...

Started Oct 21, 2012 | Discussions thread
jcmarfilph
Senior MemberPosts: 7,592Gear list
Like?
Re: SX50 w/ Canon 500D attached...
In reply to Condor, Oct 23, 2012

Condor wrote:

Do you think that coming GH3 + 100-300mm (600mm equiv) could register more and/or better details of distant subjects than SX50 SuperFine and Locked...? Since it is obvious that FZ200, even with the Nikon TC, can't, of let's say a wildlife subject 100 mt. away.

And I'll show you why I really need the best P&S or m43 superzoom... These are the kind of shots that I presently obtain with my SX30 in my real life superzoom user situations. And as you can see, I need to get more and better details somehow... but not using TC.

By the way, I would never use a P&S superzoom for 24mm shots, not even 100mm shots... It sounds ridiculous to me. I just use those focal lengths to initially aim a subject... but I almost always end up using the maximum zoom available for the final shot (Extra Zoom included)... except when the camera just can't follow a subject, keep it in frame, (as the above BIF) oblying me to zoom back to where at least get the subject inside the frame.

Ed´╗┐

Ed those are not even good for IDing bird. I would suggest to get a telescope or move closer or fly with the bird.

This 100% crop came from SX40. You can imagine how high is this Red-tailed Hawk flying...

-=[ Joms ]=-

jcmarfilph's gear list:jcmarfilph's gear list
Fujifilm X20 Fujifilm FinePix HS50 EXR +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow