New Body or new Lens?

Started Oct 22, 2012 | Questions thread
Sammy Yousef
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,446Gear list
Like?
Re: New Body or new Lens?
In reply to herbymel, Oct 23, 2012

herbymel wrote:

Even the photographer interviewed in the thread you started on use of flash only recommended the 70-200 for weddings for a second photographer, not for the main one, and that was for a person using a full frame camera. If he's going to be using the D7000 I think the 24-70 would be covering most of the range he'd be needing. The SB700 is also going to be a strong enough flash for the type of lighting he'd be using it for, it's certainly no lightweight, and many who have the 910 aren't using it at full power for much of their shooting as it is. I wouldn't want one on my camera just for the size considerations. Possibly used as a off camera light source, but for what he's doing right now the SB700 would work just fine.

He didn't recommend it only for the second shooter. He recommended it for the second shooter because he has the luxury of working with a second shooter.

And if you're going to take him as an authority he says you should definitely go for the most powerful flash you can get hold of for exactly the reasons I stated - you can bounce it:
http://neilvn.com/tangents/flash-photography-techniques/which-flashgun/

"So I would recommend to anyone, even if this is your first foray into buying a speedlight, to get the top-of-the-range that the specific manufacturer offers"

The difference in price - between $100-$200 makes it a very easy choice.

-- hide signature --

Sammy.
My forum postings reflect my own opinions and not those of my employer. I'm not employed in the photo business.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow