On the Amtrak Platform in Denver - 5Dc and 85L (9 IMG)

Started Oct 23, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
CopCarSS
Senior MemberPosts: 1,950
Like?
On the Amtrak Platform in Denver - 5Dc and 85L (9 IMG)
Oct 23, 2012

Hello All,

I'm borrowing an 85mm f1.2L Mk II from a friend of mine for a concert tonight, and I wanted to get a feel for it. I headed down to the Amtrak platform for the arrival of Train No. 6, the Eastbound California Zephyr, last night as it got into town. I rather liked this series of shots and thought I'd share.

First up is the only wide angle I shot of the night (taken with my 28-135). This is a shot of No. 6 backing into Denver under the watchful eye of its conductor. The small JPG doesn't really do this one justice because the conductor isn't very big in the small web sized shot. I love the contrast of the warm light of the Superliner interior against the blues of the evening sky:

Flickr Link

Next up is a shot of a crew member waiting to place the blue flag and derail after 6 finishes its backing move into the station:

Flickr Link

Here is a shot of the Window Washer taking care of the lead P42 on the CZ:

Flickr Link

One of the crewmembers that will take No. 6 on the next leg of its journey climbs aboard P42 No. 162:

Flick Link

I really liked how the lighting and the vignetting of the 85mm f1.2 wide open rendered this shot of the Amtrak logo on the side of P42 No. 99:

Flickr Link

Car Attendants Craig and Joshua were kind enough to pose for a shot for me:

Flickr Link

A crewmember inspects the CZ during it's shot:

Flickr Link

This is Beth. She was dropping her daughter off to go back to school. I loved her smile and had to grab a photo of her as she talked to some of the crew and passengers:

Flickr Link

And finally, here's a shot of a lone traveler walking back to the Coach cars on the platform:

Flickr Link

I think it's fair to say that I fell in love with the 85L last night. If I do end up selling off all of my Pentax gear and going to a one brand system again, I'll definitely be getting one of these magnificent lenses.

-- hide signature --

Chris Denver, CO

Canon EOS 5D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow