Started Oct 23, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
DFPanno
Senior MemberPosts: 2,655Gear list
Like?
Just renewed my vows with Canon.......
Oct 23, 2012

Just ordered a 50 1.2 L, essentially renewing my vows with Canon.

I've shot Canon digital since 2002 (came up on Nikon).  I waited for years for the 5D3 and reflexly pulled the trigger for a 5D3 kit last spring.

Like many others I've held off on new lenses as I have been considering a switch to Nikon.

No more.

It is a fabulous sensor but my impression after reading countless threads on a dozen forums is that the D600/D800 have too many problems.  In some cases seemingly intractable problems.

Cameras DOA, AF issues, particulate matter and oil on the sensors.  It goes on and on.

The problems seem to be compounded with less than ideal service to boot.

Photography is something I do to relax; not to get wound up over.  I do not want the potential hassle and heartache no matter how good the imagery.

Not trying to "dis" Nikon.  I have a lot of respect for what they have done but I really want the complete package and that includes a high level of predictability in the QA area.

DFPanno's gear list:DFPanno's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony RX1 Canon EOS 5D Mark III Sony Alpha 7R Canon EF 50mm f/1.2L USM +13 more
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Nikon D600
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow