Word from David Busch on His New OM-D E-M5 Book

Started Oct 15, 2012 | Discussions thread
digital4dummies.com
Senior MemberPosts: 2,122
Like?
Re: How can we have confidence in him if...
In reply to Mike_PEAT, Oct 23, 2012

Mike_PEAT wrote:

"Not only is the [Owner's] Manual lousy, but the camera itself is a bit tricky to use. I think I've sorted everything out, including autofocus, and hope you find the book useful."

If he thinks the camera is complicated, how can his writing be trusted if he isn't confident enough that he has figured out the camera?

I have the camera completely figured out.  But taking what you've learned and sorting that information into a logical description of how to use those features so that everyone can understand it is not as easy as it looks.  That's why many people benefit from a camera guidebook.  Those who don't need any help in sorting out the features don't need a guidebook.  I think I've done a good job in sorting everything out, and hope those who found the manual confusing will find it useful.
I didn't write this book because I was desperate to find another camera to write about.  I wrote the book because I get roughly 40 e-mails a day from readers begging me to do a guide for the OM-D E-M5, and I really like the camera best among all the MFT models available.  The OM-D ranks #2 in requests among all the newer cameras, and I sold it to my publisher on that basis.
David
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow