This Years Safari Stuff ( Lots of images)

Started Oct 18, 2012 | Discussions thread
davestravelgear
Contributing MemberPosts: 506Gear list
Like?
Re: This Years Safari Stuff ( Lots of images)
In reply to CollBaxter, Oct 23, 2012

CollBaxter wrote:

Thanks for looking and the comments.

The kruger is great . No as easy for game shooting as the others which allow off road travel to get close to the game. As to the EM-5 yep it would work for the closer up stuff but you might have a problem with lens selection for the longer stuff. But as you said you will be doing a rangers course at private reserve you will be pretty close to the game.

If I may ask which reserve are you doing your course at. ?

Hi Collin,

I will be doing the course at a private game reserve called Kwantu, it's about 80km north of Port Elizabeth and next door to Shamwari, one of the biggest in the area. They specialize in big cats with a well run breeding program, and also have an Elephant sanctuary, where there are 4 very friendly beasts you can interact with, a very special experience!

It is a beautiful area with many different habitats, from open planes and forest to deep rocky ravines and water holes, check out the link below for some of my pics!

http://www.dpreview.com/galleries/2492895956/invite/0D8F59E299AA48F9AB1618C69A33CF2E

My camera this time was a Fuji HS10, a little slow with a small sensor and not great in low light, but that 30x zoom lens makes up for that!

Dave

davestravelgear's gear list:davestravelgear's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix HS10 Fujifilm FinePix F550 EXR Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
WOW!New
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow