This Years Safari Stuff ( Lots of images)

Started Oct 18, 2012 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
Contributing MemberPosts: 511Gear list
Re: This Years Safari Stuff ( Lots of images)
In reply to CollBaxter, Oct 23, 2012

CollBaxter wrote:

Thanks for looking and the comments.

The kruger is great . No as easy for game shooting as the others which allow off road travel to get close to the game. As to the EM-5 yep it would work for the closer up stuff but you might have a problem with lens selection for the longer stuff. But as you said you will be doing a rangers course at private reserve you will be pretty close to the game.

If I may ask which reserve are you doing your course at. ?

Hi Collin,

I will be doing the course at a private game reserve called Kwantu, it's about 80km north of Port Elizabeth and next door to Shamwari, one of the biggest in the area. They specialize in big cats with a well run breeding program, and also have an Elephant sanctuary, where there are 4 very friendly beasts you can interact with, a very special experience!

It is a beautiful area with many different habitats, from open planes and forest to deep rocky ravines and water holes, check out the link below for some of my pics!

My camera this time was a Fuji HS10, a little slow with a small sensor and not great in low light, but that 30x zoom lens makes up for that!

davestravelgear's gear list:davestravelgear's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-50mm 1:3.5-6.3 EZ
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow