roby17269
Contributing MemberPosts: 931Gear list
Like?
Re: First time digital SLR buyer
In reply to Limburger, Oct 23, 2012

Limburger wrote:

johanson104 wrote:

Hey there,

I'm buying my first, good quality camera, but I wanted to see some opinions on my options.  My budget is around $500.

I was thinking either the Nikon D3100 or the Canon EOS Rebel T3.  However, one of my friends showed me the Sony Nex 5N, and there were some appealing things about that one.  Anyone have any advice on which one I should get? Or has anyone used any of them in the past and loved/hated things about them?

Thanks!

Joe

I'd go for the Nikon or Canon, the Sony is a fashionstatement imo. Get at least an optical viewfinder on your cam.

-- hide signature --

Cheers Mike

While I do prefer to use viewfinder-fitted cameras (I'm heavily invested in Canon), the NEX 5 has a better sensor than the 2 other cameras mentioned here, so it is not only a "fashion statement"...

Canon and Nikon would introduce you into much bigger camera systems, but until you invest some more money in better lenses and bodies, you won't get out of them much more than out of the NEX.

-- hide signature --

Ciao!
Roberto
My photos: http://www.robertodemicheli.com

roby17269's gear list:roby17269's gear list
Adobe Photoshop CS6 extended Nik Silver Efex Pro Nik Color Efex Pro Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5 Canon EOS-1D X +12 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow