Started Oct 23, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Scorehound
Regular MemberPosts: 127Gear list
Like?
Should I replace my 7D with a 6D?
Oct 23, 2012

I don't know if this thread has been started and if it has I apologize, but I am in a pickle.

Ever since the announcement about the 6D I have been debating with myself if I should replace my 7D with a 6D. I have always wanted a FF camera, and with the new sensor and updated low light capabilities it seems like a slam dunk.

But I am not crazy about the 6D's design, as I am used to the button placement of the 7D and the sheer weight and feel of the 7D. I owned a 60D as a backup but sold it recently to buy new glass, but now I am wondering if replacing the 7D would be a smart move for me.

Any thoughts either way? Is the jump to FF worth it based on the specs? Or would I be better suited sticking with the 7D and saving for a 5D mkIII?

Scorehound's gear list:Scorehound's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM Adobe Photoshop CS6 +5 more
Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 60D Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS 7D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow