Looking into switch to 4/3 camera, suggestions?

Started Oct 23, 2012 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
oldphotog2
Regular MemberPosts: 158Gear list
Like?
Looking into switch to 4/3 camera, suggestions?
Oct 23, 2012

Thinking seriously about selling mint Nikkor 70-200 f2.8 and TC-14, haven't used in three yrs, not shooting sports or indoor sports anymore. Also biggest reason is for last three yrs haven't my D200 has been to heavy around neck and I black out after carrying 30min. I'm retired photojournalist of 30 yrs, still want to be prepared for anything, still have pro taste, but my photos today are just of the family and new grandchild. Hard to remember this change.

First I want a camera that shoots raw, and has great specs on the noise & resolution up to 1600. I've been a die hard Nikon man since 1972, but Nikon's 1 system just isn't there censor wise, and the one I like is the V1, excellent EVF, lens down to 10mm, but quality is just better then the D200 and both are 10m. I want a larger censor. The V1 has a small flash that is tilt-able.

The Sony NEX system seems to be to large especially when a lens is added to it. Only looked at the NEX -7, but really don't like the feel and the EVF is terrible to me.

Seems the Panasonic line is good, but . . . it's Panasonic, they're a stereo company.

Fujifilm seems to have it nice with the X-Pro 1 & a new successor but they are over $1000.

Last is the Olympus PEN line which appears to be good but has some quirks. I'm currently leaning to the E-PL5, but the lens is a 14-42, 14 is not wide. I want wide, at least a 10mm, 6mm would be better but that is a joke for any line. Then there's the fact that only a Nikon P7700 will use my SB800 flash. Any other system and I'll need to get another flash.

Any suggestions are welcome!

oldphotog2's gear list:oldphotog2's gear list
Nikon D200 Nikon 1 V1 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G IF-ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 12-24mm f/4G ED-IF Nikon 1 Nikkor VR 10-30mm f/3.5-5.6 +7 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Fujifilm X-Pro1 Nikon 1 V1 Nikon Coolpix P7700 Nikon D200 Olympus PEN E-PL5 Sony Alpha NEX-7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow