Why you pre-ordered the Sony RX1?

Started Oct 22, 2012 | Discussions thread
dmartin92
Senior MemberPosts: 1,515Gear list
Like?
Re: do wish the camera had a built in EVF
In reply to sroute, Oct 23, 2012
I do wish the camera had a built in EVF - I'd be prepared to carry a slightly larger camera to accommodate that wish, but that one wish starts one down a slippery slope. What's the next must-have feature? A fixed EVF would have folks crying for a tilt-LCD. Suddenly the camera is bigger yet. Where does one stop?

I don't have the money, and that's the reason why I am forced to look a bit critically at what you're saying
But all this talk of "a slippery slope", that's not it. It's just that you do have the money, and you don't have the patience. Or rather, maybe, you do have the patience, but you're not being forced to use it. Because you have the money.
An EVF is all I'd need, and I wouldn't want anything more.
If I were rich, I'd buy the camera, but even so, I'm not rich, and I'm not losing any sleep over the fact that I won't ever own this camera, that doesn't have any built in viewfinder.  But your new camera will take great pictures, I'd really guess. But it will be no fun using the LCD for framing. 
Kind regards.
 dmartin92's gear list:dmartin92's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Canon EOS-1D Mark II Canon EF 20mm f/2.8 USM Canon EF 35mm f/2.0 Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow