Calibration

Started Oct 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
probert500
Contributing MemberPosts: 986Gear list
Like?
Re: Calibration for print
In reply to Christopher D Mann, Oct 23, 2012

Christopher D Mann wrote:

Need your help with imac calibration. I have the 27in machine and using OS Lion and have been using the Spyder 4 Pro when creating profiles though I can not get a good match from what I see on screen and what I am receiving back from the lab. The colors are very close but I get back dark images. Is there another wayof setting profile to match brightness that I'm missing or am I stuck with a guessing game. Thanks

Calibrating for print is different than general viewing - a screen properly calibrated for print will look quite dim.  Your screen is bright so you're toning down your files. This is why your prints are coming out dark.

If you google cmm or "monitor print calibration"  you'll find the dark and bright levels you have to target.

another poster mentioned that your print house will have a color profile you can install.  That's a good idea.   with proper calibration and the profile you'll be a lot closer to where you want to be.

probert500's gear list:probert500's gear list
Sony Alpha 7R
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow