Started Oct 23, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
groesbpa
New MemberPosts: 1
Like?
Nikon P7700
Oct 23, 2012

Had the Nikon CP4300 (good little camera), have the Nikon CP7900 (great images), P90 (good zoom, lots of fringing),  and P7100 (arguably as good as my D300 SLR). Will probably get the P7700, because dpreview's studio samples look like very nice improvements on the P7100, and like the range of control. Have to say I get a lot of laughs from all the criticisms and comparisons to other makes. Having been a photographer for 40 years,  it's the photographs and what they say that make the difference - not bokeh, or pixels, or any kind (or lack of) viewfinders, or price or features that make a photograph great. Some of the best photographs ever, were shot with old, inadequate equipment, processed and printed terribly. I coached a 20 year old on how to use his $3000. Nikon his parents bought him. In one week he shot 4000 pictures - all of them junk. I, for one, am absolutely thrilled with these new digital pocket cameras. What they take is so much better than film. With any camera, new or old, you learn what it does, realize the pluses and minuses it has,  work with them, think about what and why you're shooting it, and try to take something that's really good.

Nikon Coolpix P7100 Nikon Coolpix P7700 Nikon Coolpix P90 Nikon D300
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow