Started Oct 23, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Stevejac
Contributing MemberPosts: 876Gear list
Like?
Decisions, Decisions.
Oct 23, 2012
Has anyone else faced the same dilemma? Have you tried both cameras? What should I do? . Both are great cameras. What to do? 
Both bodies are a bit banged up. I have never babied my equipment's appearance and both systems are fully functional. Still, that reduces the resale of cours.
I've though about selling the xpro1 and lenses now as their value (at lest the body) will be dropping. Retail is already down. I already own a full compliment of lenses for the m43 but would need to extend the range with Fuji. Or I could just wait and see about the progress on the x system. 
I love the images from the x pro 1 but the OM-D (and, for that matter, the GH2) aren't too shabby. All I print to is 13x19 max. 
So now I'm here back in the USA with a dilemma. I had planned to sell all my m43 stuff but hadn't gotten around to it. Now I'm wondering if I should ditch the x system.
As luck would have it there wasn't much rain at all. But I used the OM-D and all of those lenses extensively and the results were great. I also couldn't have done some of what I did do with my fuji kit: 14mm (35mm equivalent) wide shots in the Andes, 400mm equivalent shots on a boat at the Ballesteras islands. IS on all lenses, useful in a small plane over the Nasca lines.
I went out and bought a OM-D with the 12-50kit lens. I also took along my 20mm f1.7, 7-14 f4 and 45-200 panny zoom.
2 wks ago I was about to leave for a trip to Peru. The weather forcast was rain, rain and more rain. How could I keep the x pro 1 dry climbing around Machu Picchu? 
After I sold my Canon stuff I replaced it with a progression of m43 bodies (G1, GH1, GH2) and multiple lenses. I got an x100 and was blown away, so I bought an x pro 1 and the three primes, etc.
Here's my dilemma. I'm not a troll, but someone who is truly undecided...
-- hide signature --

Steve Jacobs

Stevejac's gear list:Stevejac's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 III Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X-Pro1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow